Strangers, Again

It was the usual Tuesday morning at the office. Doing nothing since most of our group’s reports started after lunch. So I still have time to check our network, visiting from PC to PC to see if they have new movies. Yes, you may call it illegal but it’s what most of the employees do to keep them awake for freaking 8 hours sitting in a swivel chair. And then I ran across this video. At first I thought it was a movie, but it’s not. It’s a short film. And since it would only take of my fifteen minutes, I decided to watch the movie right then and there. Good thing I did.

The story is nothing new to us. It is about a normal couple – Josh and Marissa – who is struggling through their relationship. Every relationship goes through stages. Where and how each stage develops is ultimately up to each person. While we always hope for the best, we often can’t avoid the inevitable. Josh guides us through each stage of the relationship as it formed and as he predicts it will end up as.

I love the way Josh talked about the stages of the relationship. Ang daming “aray” moment sa short film na ito. I think every girl or guy can really relate to this film. Please see the video below. And please allow me to quote some of Josh’s lines that struck me the most. I actually loved almost all of Josh lines, but it would be pointless if I’ll post everything up here, right? So I’ll just let you watch the video yourself and see if I am indeed right or just being my usual drama and emo queen.


Stage 4: Comfortable
“Being comfortable isn’t necessarily bad. It’s one where we could truly be ourselves but it depends on what you do with that comfort. Some used it positively, continuing to work at their relationship, grow together, but others allow it to create distance.”
“Whether it’s taking each other for granted, or people changing over time, bottom line is someone stops trying. The feelings aren’t as strong as before.”


Stage 5: Tolerance
“We became one of those relationships were ‘it wasn’t bad. But it wasn’t great.’ And let me tell you, that’s never a good way to describe a relationship.”


Stage 7: Breaking up
“The change will be so drastic, so blunt, that one would probably want to get back right away, just to restore what was normal. But this doesn't always happen. And the distance will grow.”


AND MY MOST FAVE LINE/SCENE:
Marissa: “What do you think will happen if we don’t end up together? We’re gonna hate each other? Or will keep in touch?”
Josh: “I think that if life separates us and we’re gonna be in totally different places, I’ll always remember when our paths aligned for this period of time. And I’ll be thankful for that. And hope that wherever you are, you'll be thankful too. I think that's the best we can be sure.”

0 umeepal:

Post a Comment

Sige, umeksena ka din. Keme lang naman...

 
Copyright © EKSENADORANG MANUNULAT